About Medina Municipal Airport 1G5
The Medina Municipal Airport was constructed in 1957 by Mr. Robert Freed and operated privately until 1987 when it was purchased by the City of Medina and became the Medina Municipal Airport. That same year, the FAA designated the airport as a reliever airport for general aviation air traffic for Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
The city has entered into an operating agreement with Flight Services of Medina for the day-to-day operation of the airport. Flight Services of Medina provides aircraft maintenance, aircraft rental and flight instruction.
The airport is located 4 miles east of the City of Medina on a 290 acre parcel of land and is home to nearly 90 based aircraft, many of which are used corporately.
ELEVATION: 1192' MSL
TRAFFIC PATTERN: LEFT
UNICOM FREQUENCY: 123.0
FUEL: 100 LL
ATTENDED: DAWN - DUSK
RUNWAYS: 18/36 (3040' x 50') and 09/27 (3556' x 75')
Interested in learning more?